Friday, January 4, 2008

2008 Traveling in Japan

These two images were photographed on 1/1/2008, when I did a new year's visit to a shrine in my town in Japan. I stuck around until 3 a.m. at the shrine, taking pictures and enjoyining some Sake that was served to the pepople visiting the shrine for free. For your information, you can start drinking legally if you are above 20. So, if you are 20 and want to drink legally, like me, you should come visit Japan.
People who served Sake to visiters take some rest after the cleaning up at 3 in the morning.
The man, who cleans and sterilize small dish-shaped drinking cup, casts his shadow on the tent.


The last three photos are from Kyoto. I have been traveling Japan for about a week or so. Today I have arrived at Kyoto which is one of the best place for tourism and some shopping.
In this temple(called Sanjusangendo temple), taking photos inside the main temple was prohibited. So, I stuck around around the entrance for while to shoot this photo.

It was interesting to see many people visiting Kiyomizu temple. There was this Buddha which gives you some sort of luck if you touch it. I did the same thing when I was a small kid, but not this time. There were way too many people lining up to do that.

1 comment:

cvk said...

its about time that you update this thing. hope your break is goin well